One of my favorite costumes I’ve ever recreated is Miranda Kerr’s ring leader costume. It’s a fun sexy look perfect for Halloween. Below I’ve listed some cheaper alternatives to her costume so you could recreate… More
A while ago I asked you guys a question; how would you style these pants?
I have finally put together a way to style these very bold harem pants.
Here’s how I styled them:
These sparkly pants which are from the Jennifer Lopez collection sold at Kohls I found a bit challenging to style, despite the pants being a neutral shade. The pants are already a statement piece on their own that it’s best to keep the rest of the look neutral. I thought red paired nice with the black and the gold, andI decided to wear just a red, tight came since the pants have a looser shape. I found for shoes that the best option is to just wear sandals. Open-toed shoes, in my opinion, work best with the shape of the pants. I opted towards gold sandals to compliment the detailing in the pants.
I did not add accessories, but I think layered gold necklaces would pair perfectly, along with a set of gold rings or earrings.
This outfit is very glitzy and glam and is perfect for a night out. I think the sandals substituted for a pair of black or gold open-toed heels would be a perfect outfit for a night in the city.
It’s crazy that when I began this blog I was a freshman in high school and now I will be graduating college this year. So much has changed, yet nothing has changed. People that were once so important in my life aren’t all still here, and people I used to not know I now can’t imagine my life without. If someone were to tell me 6 years ago all of the crazy things that would happen, I wouldn’t know what to do. I would have never believed I’d be able to get through everything and that I’d end up where I’m at today.
Life is not perfect, but can life ever be perfect? There are things I wish I could change, of course. Not everything ended up as I had planned and I may have not gotten everything I’ve wanted. I have changed so much as a person that whoever I was six years ago is a stranger to me now. Of course some things haven’t changed. I still love writing, although I never would have expected myself to become as english major. I’m still the same person deep down. I’m still that quiet girl who doesn’t say much, but has a vivid imagination and crazy life ambitions which have changed throughout the years, and probably will continue to change throughout my entire life. Even though life isn’t perfect and there is so much from my past I wish I could change or have back, I am at a point where I am genuinely happy in my life. I have my bad days of course, I have days where I am so anxious and frustrated that I do not want to get out of bed, but I’ve learned by now that these moments pass and that happy days are worth pushing through all the bad stuff for. All in all, I feel much happier and more optimistic than I used to be.
I wanted to write this because I enjoy writing about what’s on my mind and how I’m feeling from time to time. I think it’s important to track my emotions throughout time, and I always find it interesting to go back to old articles and compare where I once was to where I’m at now. I hope to continue to grow and become even more positive. I am very hopeful for the future I have ahead of me.
Thanks for reading!
One of my favorite topics to write about is my favorites. Just last week I wrote my monthly favorites, and now I want to show some of my clothing favorites. I’ve always been super girly at heart and I love to wear skirts and dresses. I wrote about my 5 favorite skirts (that deff needs an update) and now I want to write about 5 dresses I wear constantly. Here are 5 of my favorite dresses that are a must have in my closet.
1. Charlotte Russe Belted Sundress
I love this dress because I can wear it in the spring with a pair of sandals or in the fall with a sweater and boots. It fits any season! (shoutout Sadie)
2. H&M Maroon Skater Dress
Probably my all-time favorite dress is this maroon skater dress. The skater fit is so flattering on almost all body times, and maroon is such a gorgeous color. This is my go-to dress for whenever I want to look nice.
3. Hollister Denim Sundress
Unfortunately, this dress has shrunk in the wash and has hit its expiration date. I’m sad because the dress had a very flattering fit, similar to one of a skater dress with a tight top and loose bottom. Plus, this dress combines all of my favorite colors- pink, purple, & blue!
4. Joyce Leslie Floral SundressEveryone needs a basic floral sundress in their closet. It’s a must have for all you girly-girls out there.
5. Forever 21 Striped Bodycon Dress
I love my bodycon dress because I can wear it on a night out with some heels and earrings, or I can wear it casually to class with some flip flops and a side braid. It’s such a versatile piece.
I added dresses that I wear all the time and that are all very different from each other. For me, 5 dresses cover a wide variety of occasions and ultimately, are a must have in my closet. Cute dresses can be found at almost any clothing store, but I tried to list more affordable ones. Leave a comment telling me your fave dress!
Fall is in the air and I’m already missing wearing bikinis and flip flops. I’m all settled at school and ready for my final year. This summer was very productive, and overall I’d say enjoyable. I worked hard and made some new friends, and I’m so sad my final summer is over. I wanted to list some of my final summer faves that I’ve been loving this last month, so here they are!
L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black– I have been using this mascara for the entire summer and I have to say I love it. L’oreal makes great mascara’s, but this one is definitely one of the best. I usually layer it on top of other mascaras to add length, but this mascara adds crazy amounts of volume.
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder– This powder has been a holy grail product for me. I’ve literally been using it for two years now and I’m not sure if I’ll ever stop. This powder mattifies oily skin, especially in the summer, and isn’t cakey whatsoever. I have combination skin with an oily t zone, but I have issues with dryness under my eyes and I find this powder really locks in my concealer without causing any patches. I use the shade Transparent.
Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Effect Makeup– Another holy grail product is my Revlon Photofinish Foundation because I think it’s perfect for special occasions. I prefer wearing a light foundation or a BB cream on a regular basis, but I wear my PhotoReady when I want to dress up a little bit nicer. It’s full coverage, but still so lightweight on the face.
EOS Balm– This lip balm is definitely a staple. I keep it in my purse with me at all times to reapply and it really does soften my lips. Plus it’s so cute and smells so good!
Keyhole bralettes– I have been wearing keyhole blares constantly. I think they’re super comfortable and loose and can be worn for almost all occasions. You can dress them up for a night out, or wear one casually to the beach.
Cami & high waisted shorts– This has been my go-to summer outfit. Days when I’m lazy and don’t feel like putting together something to wear, I throw on a cami and high waisted shorts and I instantly look cute and put together.
Miley Cyrus– Miley Cyrus has been killing it and I’ve been loving all of her new songs. Younger Now and Malibu have been on repeat.
Duolingo– I think this app is great for brushing up on a language or even just learning the basics. It’s great to get started if you’re interested in exploring different languages.
Parfaits– One of my favorite treats is a fruit and yogurt parfait. I love having Greek yogurt with some berries and adding granola and cashews.
Happy fall everyone!
The best part of going back to school is the shopping! New year means newer, trendier clothes! I decided to put together a few simple and comfortable outfits to replace those days you cannot be bothered to get dressed and opt for your laziest hoodie and sweatpants (we all do it, no shame). These looks can be thrown on in the morning without a fuss, but will still look stylish and put together. Here are 3 back to school outfits that are (hopefully) dress code appropriate!
- Simple Tee & JeansFor the first outfit, I wanted to keep it simple and comfortable with a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. These jeans are my favorite mid-rise jeans from PacSun, and the tee shirt represents my sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha! Obviously you can wear your favorite tee shirt, but I personally love this one because of the cute v-neck and because I love black and white. I also decided to give my eyes a break from contacts and wear my glasses which I think really add to the casual/hipster vibe. My glasses are prescription with frames from Versace. To finish off the look, I added a pair of white Converse and accessorized with a few rings to make the look a bit edgier.
- Loose & GirlyMy next look I decided to wear something a little bit dressier, while still remaining casual and comfortable. This dress is perfect for back to school because it is a good length and also has sleeves so you do not have to wear a sweater on top on days it is too hot. Not to mention the fabric is so soft and loose that make it the most comfortable dress ever. This dress if from Forever 21 and I kept the look simple by adding a pair of sandals from Rue 21 and a little dainty necklace.
- Pop of ColorThis last outfit I tried to keep simple, but wanted to spice the look up a little bit with a pair of colored jeans. I am wearing a gray tank, but of course if your school doesn’t allow tank tops you can trade this for a tee shirt or any cute neutral colored top you own. My green skinny jeans are from PacSun, and I am wearing a pair of flip flops from Old Navy. To add to this look, I also wore some layered necklaces from Forever 21.
Back to school shopping is so fun, but waking up in the morning is so not. Hopefully you found some inspiration for those days you just cannot be bothered to get out of bed. Enjoy your school year!
Summer is almost over which means it’s time to start packing for school. My first year at college, I definitely overpacked and filled my dorm room with a bunch of things I never touched. At the same time, there are some things I didn’t bring that I really wish I had. If you’re going into your freshman year of college and you have no idea what to bring for your dorm room, here are some do’s and don’ts.
DO bring a rain jacket and rain boots.
Initially, not only did I not bring either of these things, and I didn’t own them either. In high school I never would have been caught dead in rubbery rainboots, but in college when you’re walking around campus they are essential and will save all of your cuter shoes from being damaged.
DON’T bring a ton of books.
You might think you’re going to read them all, but I assure you, you won’t.
DO bring medication.
Create a little first aid kit for yourself with your vitamins, Advil, bandaids, etc.
Decorating your dorm room is fun and decorations might look pretty, but the truth is you’re being put into a very small space with limited room. Too many decorations will just make your room look cluttered.
DO bring a full length mirror.
You’re going to want to check out your full outfit, and a little vanity mirror just won’t do.
DON’T bring a ton of jewelry.
Odds are you either won’t wear it or you’ll end up lending it to someone and not getting it back. Bring a few key pieces you know you’ll wear, and that’s it.
DO bring reusable water bottles.
Instead of wasting money on plastic water bottles, bring a reusable one that you can fill up with water fountains.
DON’T bring multiple pairs of heels.
You’re not going to want to wear heels walking from class to class and no one really wears heels to frat parties. Bring one neutral pair in case of a special occasion.
DO bring one or two nice outfits.
Bring one nice dress or a pencil skirt and blazer because you never know when you might have an interview or a formal occasion.
DON’T bring a ton of school supplies.
Most of your college work will be done online, so there really isn’t much use for a ton of binders. Instead, bring a few folders for loose papers and a notebook or two.
DO bring two sets of bedsheets.
When you wash one set of sheets, you’ll be able to replace them with a new, clean set.
DON’T bring an iPad.
An iPad isn’t necessary in college as long as you have a cell phone and laptop.
DO bring a steamer.
I used my steamer a ton in college. It’s a useful thing to have in case all of your folded tops get wrinkled.
Packing for college is exciting, but stressful all at the same time. It’s exciting to know college is so close, but if it’s your first time leaving home you might not know exactly what to bring. Hopefully you find these do’s and don’ts helpful. Good luck!
It’s amazing how much can change in a year. From last August, to this current August, my life has changed drastically in ways I wasn’t expecting. Often, we know when to expect change. I always knew ever since I was a little girl that the year 2015 would be a big year for me and I would graduate from high school and leave home for college. I knew this change was coming. I was ready for it.
Still, some changes aren’t quite as expected. This year has brought a lot of change I wasn’t expecting. This day last year, my stepfather passed away suddenly, and I think this is what has caused me to analyze change so much. This one, hurtful moment changed my life in many ways. It affected me emotionally, and heavily impacted my family dynamic. It brought a lot of heartache and created many obstacles for my family that we are still working through. This was a change I did not have planned. This was a change that was not welcomed.
There have been great things that have happened this year too. I started dating my best friend, I got an internship, I got a position on the executive committee for my sorority, I made new friends, although while also losing some, and I declared myself as a double major. So much can change in a day- a minute even- let alone a year. It’s crazy to think how far I’ve come from last summer to this summer, and yet how much I’ve stepped back. Some aspects of my life that weren’t blooming quite as much last summer, such as my professional life or my love life, are doing very well now. Other aspects that may have been great, seem to be at a low point right now.
Still, I am not worried. I know that soon, even more crazy unexpected events will occur, good and bad. The good might not be good forever, but neither will the bad. Even more change is expected to come by next summer as I will hopefully be graduating college and officially moving out of the home I’ve been living in for the past ten years. I’ll have to say goodbye to a lot of great people, but I believe when the time comes I will be ready. For now, I am going to live in the moment and do my best to accept change as it comes and believe the universe has a plan for me. Still, it’s nice to look back and reflect on what my life once was way back when.
Summer is almost over, but it’s not too late for some summer outfit inspiration! Here are two everyday looks that you can wear while the weather is still warm.
Here I am wearing a very trendy cropped off the shoulder top from Urban Outfitters. I love the way this top looks, but unfortunately whenever I move my arms the sleeves shift up which is extremely frustrating, especially since the top is cropped as it just exposes my entire midriff. My shorts are from PacSun and are my favorite pair of high waisted shorts. I am also wearing metallic sandals from Forever 21 and layered gold necklaces also from Forever 21.
Taking pictures was so hard because it was so windy out that my hair was just all over the place. The weather has been terrible this summer, it never stops storming. I had originally wanted to make this a larger cookbook, but just couldn’t seem to find a nice photoshoot day.
Anyways, I’m obsessed with this jumpsuit for days like today that are a bit rainy and chilly. My jumpsuit is from Aeropostale and I am wearing the same sandal/necklace combo from my last outfit from Forever 21.
Find the jumpsuit here
Find top here
Find similar shorts here
Find similar necklace here
July is over, I am no longer a teenager, and I have a month left of summer.My favorites haven’t changed that much since June, but here’s a quick update.
- Avon Speed Dry Nail Polish in the shade Just Peachy– This is a very old nail polish I have, but still one of my favorites. The speed dry formula really does dry within minutes, and the color lasts just over a week without chipping. Not to mention this shade is such a pretty orange that is subtle, but perfect for summer. Unfortunately, this nail polish is so old that Avon doesn’t even make it any more. Still, I managed to find some sellers on Ebay is you’re interested in finding a summer nail polish that will dry faster and last longer.
- Conair Infiniti Curling Wand Styler– I have been curling my hair quite a lot this summer because I find it looks best with my new ombre color. Also, I love to curl my hair on days I don’t wash because it makes my hair look a little more put together and the curls last even longer. Conner makes excellent curling wands for good prices if you are looking to buy one!
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in the shade Tiki– I’ve been writing about this product all summer, but I really have been using it daily. I use it as everything which makes my makeup routine way quicker and so simple. I can have my makeup done in 10 minutes or less. I apply my regular foundation and concealer, and use Tiki as my eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, and highlight. Then I just throw on a little bit of mascara, and my summer look is complete!
- Aerie bikinis- Aerie is one of my all time favorite places to buy bikinis. I find they have the biggest selection that caters to all different body types.
- Pretty sandals– Sandals are a summer staple. I love to wear sandals with pretty detailing that makes my outfit pop just a little bit more.
- Stacks of bracelets– Lately I’ve been really into wearing all of my stacks of bracelets. Some of my favorite places to buy these trendy bracelets are Alex and Ani, Helberg Diamonds, and Kohls!
- Layered necklaces– This has been a huge trend for the summer and I’m lovin’ it. I used to love chokers in the fall, but I feel this trend is much girlier and cute for summer.
- Cross body bags- I always carry a cross body bag with me because it is by far the most convenient. They are the perfect size, stylish, and won’t kill your shoulders.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Zen Buddhism by Jean Smith– This book is great if you have any sort of interested in living a zen lifestyle. You’ll learn how to properly meditate and receive many different tips and tricks to find comfort in stillness. You’ll also learn about the Four Noble Truths, and much more that can get you started on your journey with spirituality.
- Jenna Marbles– In the summer, I’m always spending my free time watching random YouTube videos. Jenna Marbles is definitely my favorite YouTuber because her content is so original and hilarious, and seems to only get better. I can spend hours watching her videos.
- Safiya Nygaard- I’ve recently discovered Safiya and I find her videos not only entertaining, but also informative. She posts many videos trying out different products that I have found myself interested in buying. She’ll confirm whether the product is worth the price and the hype, or not.
- Dark chocolate– I have such a sweet tooth and am always looking to indulge in some chocolate. I am a strong believer that chocolate can be healthy as long as it is eaten in moderation. Chocolate has endorphins that can bring happiness, and dark chocolate can even be good for the heart. Just make sure the brands you are eating are high in Cacao and not processed with alkali.
- Bobs Red Mill Whole Grain Granola, Apple Cinnamon– I’ve never really loved granola that much, but this is by far the best I’ve had. It is perfect to add to a fruit and yogurt parfait, or to add a little something to an acai bowl. I highly recommend this brand and this flavor.
Each year we grow older, we grow wiser as well. There is so much to learn about ourselves and the world. Every day of life we learn more and more. Over time, we learn valuable life lessons that better who we are. Over my 20 years of life I have learned many valuable lessons, here are 20 of them.
- Take more pictures. You’ll enjoy looking back on the memories.
- Don’t let anyone tell you how to feel. Your feelings aren’t something you can control and you have every right to feel the way you do.
- Don’t waste time on someone who doesn’t value your feelings. Instead, find people who care about you and who are genuinely interested in your company.
- You don’t need to have it all figured out. Life is a journey and you will figure things out along the way.
- You will change, and you will grow. Don’t fight it. It’s for the best.
- You can’t depend on others. People will let you down. The only person you can depend on is yourself.
- Be yourself whether others like you or not. Those opinions of others really don’t matter as much as you might think they do.
- Everyone has a bad day, but that doesn’t make it a bad life.
- If you truly want something, you have to work for it. Not everything comes easy in life. Putting effort into something you want will lead to reward.
- There are tons of mistakes to be made, and even more lessons to learn. Don’t dwell on mistakes or things you could have done better. Just know for next time.
- Nobody knows anyone completely. Even if you think you know someone inside and out, you don’t. You have no idea what this person has happening in their head and all the backstory of this person’s life.
- Always be honest. If something is bothering you, don’t deny it. Speak up. People fear the truth far too much. Honesty is an admirable quality.
- Expecting others to make you happy will more often than not lead to disappointment. Happiness is a choice only you can make.
- Figure yourself out before you try to figure out others. Growing up teaches us a lot about ourselves. Learn about who you are and what you are interested before you try to learn everything about someone else.
- Surrounding yourself with good people will make yourself a better person. It’s important to have friends that give off positive vibes. Make friends who aren’t afraid to be themselves and are free of judgement. Don’t make friends who care too much about what others think and who make you feel bad about yourself.
- Take care of your body. Eat healthy foods and go for a run. You will feel healthier and happier.
- If he doesn’t like you for who you are, he doesn’t deserve you.
- Odds are, whatever is bothering you now won’t be important in a week, so let it go.
- Tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Life is short, and you never know when someone may leave.
- Stay true to yourself. Don’t let others dictate your life. Be yourself and honor your values.
Each year brings new and exciting adventures that teach us a lot about ourselves. Over my 20 years of life, I’ve learned so much from my experiences. Still, there is so much in this world I haven’t yet seen and that I can’t wait to learn.