Recently, I was able to attend Radio 104.5’s Birthday Show and it was awesome! I wrote about Day 2 last week here, and I have to say, I really had a great time. The weather… More
May is over and summer has officially begun! I’m excited to discuss my favorites for this month with all of you because I’ve got a lot. Also, I linked all of the products if you are interested in checking any of these out!
- Hawaiian Topic Dark Tanning Oil– okay, I know a lot of people flip when I say I like to use tanning oil, but I think tanning oil is great when used safely. At the start of summer, I love to use a bit of tanning oil on my body and soak in the sun for about an hour or two just to start my summer tan. This tanning oil is great because I darken so fast without burning and get that summer tan in no time without spending an excessive amount of time outside baking my skin. It’s perfect to use at the start of summer.
- Sephora Pearl Face Mask– this face mask is great for brightening the skin. I love using the Sephora face masks in general because they aren’t too expensive and are perfect for a little spa day. They make my skin feel much cleaner and fresh.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve– I talked about this in my last favorites post and I will keep talking about it because it is 100% my holy grail of lip moisturizers. My lips get so dry and I swear this is the only product that helps. Not to mention one little jar lasts a lifetime.
- Mally Face Defender BB Cream Foundation– I’ve been loving this BB cream because it’s so light and perfect for summer. It also is great for my acne prone skin and doesn’t clog my pores. I currently wear the color medium light, but will probably go up a shade as I get tanner.
- Mally Poreless Perfecion Glowing Foundation– I use this product on top of my BB cream and together makes the perfect result. This powder alone is not quite enough coverage for me, but it really ratifies my face without looking cake-y. I find it to be the perfect powder for sealing in my foundation and eliminating an oily T-zone. I wear this in light.
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer (Tiki)– I use this bronzer in the shade Tiki and it works as the perfect highlight for summer. Since it’s actually a bronzer, the shade is perfect to highlight my summer glow. It’s dark to add a bit of color, but is so illuminating that it really brightens my face. It’s also great to use as a bronze eyeshadow. Overall, it’s a very versatile product that can be used on a wide range of complexions.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Palette– This palette has been perfect for adding color to my face. Honestly, I haven’t really used the powder since I’m so obsessed with my one by Mally, but I love the bronzer and the blush. The bronzer is the perfect dark shade to contour and the blush is bright and natural looking and adds the perfect flush of color. The palette is a bit pricey, but worth it.
- Tee Shirts– As boring as this sounds, I’ve been enjoying wearing just plain old oversized tee shirts lately. I really like to be comfortable, especially when it’s so hot and sweaty out. Still, I think big tee shirts are extremely cute paired with some cute sneakers and high waisted shorts. Cute, casual, and comfortable. (BTW I linked a cute one for you to check out!)
- Twist-Front Crop Top– This has been one of my favorite pieces to wear lately because it is such a cute little top, and so versatile! I wear it with jeans and sneakers, or I’ll pair it with some high waisted shorts and sandals. I also love to dress it up a little by pairing it with my corduroy skirt and a denim jacket.
- Bralettes– Bralettes are the best for summer because they aren’t as restricting as a regular bra and go perfect under cutoff tanks and backless tops. I might be biased since I used to work there, but my favorite place to buy bralettes is definitely Aerie.
- Sneakers– I love wearing sneakers when it’s still a bit breezy out. I also find them way more comfortable for walking on the boardwalk than flip flops because there is no toe chafing! I particularly love my Adidas, Converse, and Vans even though they’ve all gotten super run down because I wear them so often!
- Open Cardigans and Tanks– Since it’s still a little chilly some days, I like to wear loose sweaters and cardigans on top of my tank tops. Layering is perfect when the weather is still constantly fluctuating.
- Big Little Lies– I just started watching this show so I’m not very far in, but I’m already hooked. Also, I want to note how awesome this cast is. I definitely recommend.
- 13 Reasons Why– Who isn’t talking about this show?? I wanted to see what all of the hype was about so I decided to check it out. I’m definitely not as obsessed with the show as some people are and I do think the show has its flaws, but it’s still an intriguing show. Plus, Clay Jenson is the cutest creature to ever walk the earth.
- Invisible Monsters– I started reading this before and got sidetracked with school and never was able to finish, so i started again. I was obsessed with this book from the start. Chuck Palahniuk never disappoints.
- Empire of the Sun– I just discussed this band in my last post because I was lucky enough to see them live, but I decided they were worth mentioning again. Swordfish Hotkiss Night is the ultimate jam.
- The Killers– I’m so excited because I get to see one of my favorite bands perform in a few weeks!! I’m so excited that I’ve been nonstop blasting the Killers ever since I bought the tickets (aka like 3 months ago).
- Poshmark– One of my favorite apps, Postmark allows me to sell clothes I no longer wear and buy clothes from others for affordable prices. I use Postmark constantly and find it a great way to earn some extra spending money. Check out my closet!
- Duolingo– I really want to brush up on my Italian and this app lets me practice and overall is really effective. Not to mention, it’s free!
- MyFitnessPal– I’ve been really trying to eat healthier and this app is one I always go back to. I’m able to keep track of what I eat and check my calories. It also breaks down the nutrition so I can see how much protein, carbs, etc. that I’ve consumed. This app also allows you to set goals. For example, you’re goal might be to lose .5 pounds each week. The app tells you how many calories and such you should consume to achieve this goal.
- That Poppy– I’ve been really addicted to Poppy lately and I can’t tell if I like it or not. Her music is awesome no doubt, Lowlife is a great song for the summer. Her channel; however, is a bit strange, yet I can’t stop watching?? Her vids are definitely a bit odd and I wish she were to give a meaning for it all, but I’m definitely hooked and can’t stop watching.
- Sarah Baska– I discovered Sarah last summer and I’ve loved her ever since. I’ve been catching up on her videos lately now that classes are done for the summer and I can’t stop watching. She’s absolutely hilarious and her videos never fail to make me laugh.
- DIY Trail Mix– Lately, I’ve been snacking on trail mix that I create myself with whatever I have in the house. I try to keep it as healthy as possible by mixing together some cashews, dried cranberries, dark chocolate, and pretzels. It makes the perfect snack to munch on.
- Bananas and Peanut Butter– Bananas and peanut butter are a perfect combination and a great snack. I love eating this if I want a quick snack before bed or sometimes even for breakfast. I also like making peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch because basically I’m obsessed with this combination. 10/10 would recommend.
Hope you all enjoyed your month of May and found something in this article worth checking out! Everything is linked!
Exciting news! I ~finally~ did something to my hair!! My long brown waves are no more! Don’t worry- I didn’t do anything to drastic. I cut off around 6 inches of my hair and it’s actually relatively short now (for me at least) and I got a blondish ombre to lighten up my look for summer.
Hey people! Last weekend I went to the Radio 104.5 Birthday Show day one and I wanted to tell you all about it! I’ve been to a few concerts before, but this was my first time ever attending any sort of music festival and although it wasn’t as crazy or exciting as Coachella or Firefly, it was still pretty cool!
I didn’t have great seats, I was actually on the lawn so I wasn’t close at all. Still, I found this just as satisfying as a typical general admission concert because I always have such a hard time seeing past people’s heads, and at least on the lawn I had a clear view of the stage. Unfortunately, it was a poor day for a concert. It was raining all day and was extremely muddy and chilly. I missed a lot of the performers, but I did get to see Fitz and the Tantrums, the 1975, Empire of the Sun, and Bastille.
Fitz and the Tantrums sound amazing live, literally identical to the album. I really enjoyed the performance and honestly just listening to Michael Fitzpatrick’s voice. Their performance of Handclap was awesome and overall, they kicked the concert off to a great start for me.
I’ve seen the 1975 twice before, but honestly seeing them live just never gets old. Matty Healy is so entertaining to watch with his unique dance moves and cigarettes on stage. They performed all of my favorite songs EXCEPT my all time favorite, Robbers. I was extremely disappointed. Still, I was surprised and excited they performed Heart Out because I wasn’t expecting that. Although I like the 1975’s second album, nothing quite tops their first.
Empire of the Sun had to be my favorite performance by far. Seeing them perform a few songs actually felt like a tease and now I’m determined to go to one of their concerts. They are by far the most entertaining. I already love their music as is, but they really do have a performance for each song. They have dancers and smoke and costumes, and basically to sum it up, this performance was definitely the most visually stimulating. I would highly recommend trying to see these guys live.
Bastille was also great live and I got to hear them sing Flaws which I was super excited about. Unfortunately, by this time I was sore and cold and tired and did not make it through the entirety of Bastille’s performance which was disappointing. What was even more disappointing was I didn’t get to see Kings of Leon at all!! (sad face) Still, I had a great time at this concert and definitely got my money’s worth despite the rain, mud, and being so far from the stage. I had a great time and I can’t wait for day 2!
Summer is on its way and I’m more than ready for sun-kissed skin and crazy summer nights. It’s time to take a break from all the school work and kick back with some friends and try out all of those cool Pinterest recipes you just didn’t have time for during the school year. Summer goes by in the blink of an eye, so instead of sitting at home bored and alone, why not try something new? Here is your ultimate summer bucket list!
1. Read 10+ books
2. Do yoga on the beach
3. Host a bonfire
5. Watch the fireworks on 4th of July
6. Go to a music festival
7. Get tan!!!
8. Get funnel cake at a carnival
9. Ride a ferris wheel with a cute boy
10. Meet someone new
11. Ride a roller coaster
12. Do something that has always scared me
13. Go night swimming
14. Make popsicles
15. Hit up a few yard sales
16. Go on a nature walk
17. Go to a barbecue
18. Go on a picnic
19. Play mini-golf
20. Star gaze
21. Stay up all night with friends
22. Eat s’mores
23. Tie-dye a shirt
24. Have a paint fight
25. Go on a waterslide
26. Get a tan tattoo
27. Bake cupcakes
28. Eat ice cream
29. Watch the sunset
- Make this summer the best one yet!
You worked hard this year and you deserve a break. Enjoy this summer and spend time with the people you love. Most importantly, make this summer one you can look back on with great memories you created with even greater people.
Time spent away at college makes you appreciate the little things even more when you visit home. As fun and exciting as college is, there are some things I really miss. I love college, but every once in awhile I find myself feeling a little homesick and really missing these seven things.
1. My dog- Probably the thing I miss most about home is my favorite little companion, my pup. My dog is my best friend and the cutest little cuddle buddy. The first thing I ask when I call my mom is, “How’s Sadie doing?”
2. My mom- Although we argue most of the time, I truly miss my mom more than anyone. I miss our nightly talks at dinner and gossiping to her about the drama going on in my school and at her work. I miss being able to tell her about anything and everything going on in my life and seeing her face every day.
3. My own room- In college, you are almost never alone. Privacy becomes a true blessing when you have a roommate. Don’t get me wrong, having a roommate can be cool, but everyone still needs their private time. It’s the little things I miss, like being able to make a phone call without anyone overhearing, or being able to study in my bed. It’s easy to get distracted in an environment where you are constantly surrounded by people.
4. Home cooked meals- Dining hall food gets old really fast. Not only are you eating pretty unhealthy, but you’re also eating the same greasy pizza every day. College will make you appreciate your mother’s cooking so much more than you thought you ever would.
5. My car- Just as soon as you get your license, the privilege of driving is taken away from you. Being stranded on campus really sucks sometimes, and things like Uber can be kind of expensive. Word of advice: If you can, bring your car on campus.
6. Clean bathrooms- If only I could take a shower without wearing flip flops, and if only the the toilet seats didn’t have pee on them. It’s honestly just really hard to feel clean when your shower is infested with drain flies.
As awesome as college is, there are just some things I didn’t appreciate enough at home. Everyone gets a little homesick at times, but still, I wouldn’t trade my college experience for anything.
Loving yourself is important, and sometimes a lot us struggle with. Happiness stems from acceptance and love for ourselves. We cannot depend on others to make us happy, and we cannot force others to love us. However, we can love and take care of ourselves and our own well being. I challenge and encourage you to complete these 31 days of self-love, and to hopefully take a step further to love and acceptance.
Day 1: Write out your feelings. Write about what makes you happy and unhappy. Write about what you love about yourself. Write about something you need to let go. Let it all off your chest.
Day 2: Post a picture that makes you feel pretty.
Day 3: Wear your favorite outfit.
Day 4: Cook yourself a big, healthy breakfast full of your favorite fruits.
Day 5: Take a long bath with lavender oil.
Day 6: Watch a movie that makes you laugh.
Day 7: Put on a face mask and paint your nails. Pamper yourself a little.
Day 8: Stretch. Do some sun salutations in the sunlight.
Day 9: Forgive yourself for a mistake that you mad.
Day 10: Talk to someone who makes you smile.
Day 11: Belt out your favorite song as loud as you can no matter who’s listening
Day 12: Write down all of your dreams and aspirations and set goals toward achieving them
Day 13: Pick up a book you’ve always wanted to read
Day 14: Organize your closet, strip your bedsheets, clean every corner of your room till it is sparkling.
Day 15: Go to bed an hour earlier than normal
Day 16: Wake up early and watch the sunrise
Day 17: Try a new food
Day 18: Call up an old friend you haven’t talked to in awhile
Day 19: Do something you enjoy
Day 20: Make a conscious effort to be more positive
Day 21: Stare in the mirror and list 5 things you love about yourself today
Day 22: Spend the day outside. Go for a walk. Sit in the sun. Enjoy the beauty around you.
Day 23: Listen to new music
Day 24: Dye your hair the color you’d like
Day 25: Buy yourself flowers and watch them bloom
Day 26: Realize that you should be doing things for yourself and not for others.
Day 27: Lie in the sunshine and daydream about life.
Day 28: Buy yourself a new dress and go out with your best friends.
Day 29: Fill in a coloring book.
Day 30: Bake cookies. It’s okay to treat yourself every once in awhile.
Day 31: Reflect on what makes you happy. Continue doing things and spending time with people that make you happy. And remember, most importantly, to love yourself every step of the way.
This Easter was a very hard day for my family. If you keep up with my blog or my life in any way, you know I lost someone very special to me back in August. My step father passed away suddenly, and this year his 43rd birthday fell on Easter.
I’m not going to say I had an awful day full of tears. Yes, of course there were tears, of course it was an extremely unfair day and it made me think about how unfair and cruel this world is. Not a day goes by where I don’t think about this, and wish he were still here. But still, today was Easter and one of the few days of the year I am home with my family and friends, so I had to embrace it.
I didn’t do much on Easter, although I really wish I could say I did. I don’t have any cute OOTD pictures or anything. I was dressed comfortably in a tank top and shorts with my glasses on and a pair of old flip flops.
I dyed eggs with my mom which was a lot of fun. I haven’t dyed eggs since I was a little girl so that was nice. I had my best friend come visit and we got to catch up for the first time in 5 months since we go to different schools. I spent some time with my dogs and brought them to the local dog park. All around, the day wasn’t anything exciting, but it was still a pretty good day.
Yes, it was an extremely sad day, but I am forever grateful I got to spend a few days back at home with some of my favorite people. I’m always happy to be back with my mom and pets and all of my childhood friends. The day was very relaxed and much needed.
I hope you all had a great Easter this year!