April is coming to an end.. so you know what that means!
Haha sorry! Couldn’t miss out on my one chance a year to use that meme! Anyways, I’ve never done a monthly favorites blog post before, so I figured today would be a good day to do my first! Here are my favorites for April.
- This month I have really been obsessed with winged eyeliner. I know that this trend isn’t anything new, but for me it kind of is. I never was really into it, but I bought NYX’s Super Skinny Marker which makes it much easier to create a perfect wing. I’ve already gone through two of these markers! If you’re interested in purchasing any of the products mentioned, I will link them all below.
- BB Cream is something else I’ve been obsessed with.. actually for quite awhile now. I don’t like wearing foundation because I find it to be too heavy and personally, I don’t think I need that much coverage. I used to use Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer, but decided to look for a cheaper alternative. Maybelline’s BB Cream is absolutely great! I buy the one with the blue cap because it has salicylic acid in it to help fight against pimples. I know a lot of people prefer wearing lighter foundations in the spring/summer, and this is one I’d definitely recommend.
- One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to tan! I love lying out in my backyard and soaking up the sun. I use Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil. I don’t recommend this for people who burn easier. Remember to be safe and use this sparingly!
- My breakouts lately have been unreal. Every night I use Clearasil Daily Clear Hydra-Blast pads. I use one pad and run it over my breakouts and it’s actually fairly effective. Now it doesn’t work overnight, you definitely have to keep up with it. But it does help to dry out pimples.
- Organix has become my new favorite shampoo/conditioner. There are many different types to suit all different hair textures. Currently, I’m using.the Weightless Hydration Coconut Water and not only does it really work to add moisture to my hair after being in the sun all day, but it smells amazing!
- Okay, so the other day I got home from school and went up to my bedroom to see these adorable Dogue socks lying on my bed. I asked my mom why she gave them to me and she replied “you mean they aren’t yours?” I was disappointed. I was hoping she had bought them for me or something because she had secretly known my love for Dogue. It turns out, the socks belong to my brother. But he ended up not wanting them anymore and said I could have them! Aren’t they adorable?!
- It’s spring time which means it’s time to break out the floral dresses! Here is one of my favorites that I bought from Plato’s Closet, but you can find dresses like this almost anywhere!
- Life update: I have recently committed to Rutgers University!!!! I went recently to an admitted students day event and bought a ton of Rutgers apparel! Here is a super cute sweatshirt I’ve been wearing all the time!
- Oxfords have got to be my favorite type of shoe. I love the vintage-y vibe they give off. I own three pairs- one black, one tan, and one black with cats on them. I’ve been wearing my black ones the most lately because they seem to match the best with my outfits. I love pairing them with circle skirts, pencil skirts, and jeans! They add a nice, polished vibe to a casual outfit. A great place to purchase oxfords would be Urban Outfitters.
- I definitely use Netflix to my advantage and have been watching some of my favorite sitcoms such as The Office and Friends. These are both shows I’ve seen before, but now I’m able to maximize my obsession and watch every episode ever– about eight times.
- Game of Thrones– I’m definitely late on this boat and I’m still on season one, but I’ve been really into it. It’s a bit more graphic than any other shows I watch, but it’s just so crazy that I can’t stop watching!
- I used to be really obsessed with a Canadian show called Degrassi. If you’re a teenager reading this, I’m sure you’ve heard of it before. It’s a fairly popular show. Now I think we can all agree it’s not nearly as good as it used to be. It’s kind of all over the place, all the characters have dated each other, and every possible story line has already been done. So, I stopped watching. Recently a new Canadian show. Open Heart, was created with some people who are/have been on Degrassi and includes the same writers so I decided to give it a try since Degrassi used to be good and I have to say, I’m quite impressed! It’s a lot different from Degrassi since it’s got a solid story line that will have a start and finish. It’s about a girl trying to find her missing father. I’m completely hooked!
- Spoiled is a cute story written by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan. It’s about a girl named Molly who’s mother dies and she is forced to move to Hollywood to live with her movie star father and evil half sister, Brooke Berlin. It’s a cute book that’s a short, easy read. It’s followed by another book called Messy which is in the point-of-view of Molly’s best friend, Max, whom is trying to save up enough money for a summer writing class at NYU and takes a job from Brooke requiring her to pretend to be her and create blog posts that make her seem witty and intellectual- that will hopefully get her to follow in her father’s footsteps and become a successful actress. Okay, so I did a bad job describing the plot of these stories, but basically if your looking for an easy read, these books are it.
- QUAD is an app that allows you to join group chats with random people based on specific interests. I downloaded it to try and meet people from Rutgers that I will be going to school with next year, but you can also join chats that have themes like The Office or ones as random as Smoothie Recipes. It’s a great way to meet people and to discuss things you take an interest in! The chats hold up to 500 people and you can mute them if they’re becoming too rowdy.
- Timehop is another thing I’m late on. I was never able to use it because I’ve had my Facebook deactivated for so long, but I recently reactivated and created a Timehop. It’s pretty funny to see things I posted five years ago.. but it’s also extremely cringeworthy.
- I LOVE yoga and I especially love being able to do it in the comfort of my own home. Bad Yogi is something I discovered a little while ago and I love it. It’s a website and a YouTube channel run by Erin Motz who has got to be the best online yoga instructor ever. Here’s a link to the website! I highly recommend checking it out.
- NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker
- Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream
- Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
– Clearasil Daily Clear Hydra-Blast pads
- Organix Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo
– Organix Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Conditioner
– Spoiled- Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan
– Messy- Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan