May is over and summer has officially begun! I’m excited to discuss my favorites for this month with all of you because I’ve got a lot. Also, I linked all of the products if you are interested in checking any of these out!
- Hawaiian Topic Dark Tanning Oil– okay, I know a lot of people flip when I say I like to use tanning oil, but I think tanning oil is great when used safely. At the start of summer, I love to use a bit of tanning oil on my body and soak in the sun for about an hour or two just to start my summer tan. This tanning oil is great because I darken so fast without burning and get that summer tan in no time without spending an excessive amount of time outside baking my skin. It’s perfect to use at the start of summer.
- Sephora Pearl Face Mask– this face mask is great for brightening the skin. I love using the Sephora face masks in general because they aren’t too expensive and are perfect for a little spa day. They make my skin feel much cleaner and fresh.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve– I talked about this in my last favorites post and I will keep talking about it because it is 100% my holy grail of lip moisturizers. My lips get so dry and I swear this is the only product that helps. Not to mention one little jar lasts a lifetime.
- Mally Face Defender BB Cream Foundation– I’ve been loving this BB cream because it’s so light and perfect for summer. It also is great for my acne prone skin and doesn’t clog my pores. I currently wear the color medium light, but will probably go up a shade as I get tanner.
- Mally Poreless Perfecion Glowing Foundation– I use this product on top of my BB cream and together makes the perfect result. This powder alone is not quite enough coverage for me, but it really ratifies my face without looking cake-y. I find it to be the perfect powder for sealing in my foundation and eliminating an oily T-zone. I wear this in light.
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer (Tiki)– I use this bronzer in the shade Tiki and it works as the perfect highlight for summer. Since it’s actually a bronzer, the shade is perfect to highlight my summer glow. It’s dark to add a bit of color, but is so illuminating that it really brightens my face. It’s also great to use as a bronze eyeshadow. Overall, it’s a very versatile product that can be used on a wide range of complexions.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Palette– This palette has been perfect for adding color to my face. Honestly, I haven’t really used the powder since I’m so obsessed with my one by Mally, but I love the bronzer and the blush. The bronzer is the perfect dark shade to contour and the blush is bright and natural looking and adds the perfect flush of color. The palette is a bit pricey, but worth it.
- Tee Shirts– As boring as this sounds, I’ve been enjoying wearing just plain old oversized tee shirts lately. I really like to be comfortable, especially when it’s so hot and sweaty out. Still, I think big tee shirts are extremely cute paired with some cute sneakers and high waisted shorts. Cute, casual, and comfortable. (BTW I linked a cute one for you to check out!)
- Twist-Front Crop Top– This has been one of my favorite pieces to wear lately because it is such a cute little top, and so versatile! I wear it with jeans and sneakers, or I’ll pair it with some high waisted shorts and sandals. I also love to dress it up a little by pairing it with my corduroy skirt and a denim jacket.
- Bralettes– Bralettes are the best for summer because they aren’t as restricting as a regular bra and go perfect under cutoff tanks and backless tops. I might be biased since I used to work there, but my favorite place to buy bralettes is definitely Aerie.
- Sneakers– I love wearing sneakers when it’s still a bit breezy out. I also find them way more comfortable for walking on the boardwalk than flip flops because there is no toe chafing! I particularly love my Adidas, Converse, and Vans even though they’ve all gotten super run down because I wear them so often!
- Open Cardigans and Tanks– Since it’s still a little chilly some days, I like to wear loose sweaters and cardigans on top of my tank tops. Layering is perfect when the weather is still constantly fluctuating.
- Big Little Lies– I just started watching this show so I’m not very far in, but I’m already hooked. Also, I want to note how awesome this cast is. I definitely recommend.
- 13 Reasons Why– Who isn’t talking about this show?? I wanted to see what all of the hype was about so I decided to check it out. I’m definitely not as obsessed with the show as some people are and I do think the show has its flaws, but it’s still an intriguing show. Plus, Clay Jenson is the cutest creature to ever walk the earth.
- Invisible Monsters– I started reading this before and got sidetracked with school and never was able to finish, so i started again. I was obsessed with this book from the start. Chuck Palahniuk never disappoints.
- Empire of the Sun– I just discussed this band in my last post because I was lucky enough to see them live, but I decided they were worth mentioning again. Swordfish Hotkiss Night is the ultimate jam.
- The Killers– I’m so excited because I get to see one of my favorite bands perform in a few weeks!! I’m so excited that I’ve been nonstop blasting the Killers ever since I bought the tickets (aka like 3 months ago).
- Poshmark– One of my favorite apps, Postmark allows me to sell clothes I no longer wear and buy clothes from others for affordable prices. I use Postmark constantly and find it a great way to earn some extra spending money. Check out my closet!
- Duolingo– I really want to brush up on my Italian and this app lets me practice and overall is really effective. Not to mention, it’s free!
- MyFitnessPal– I’ve been really trying to eat healthier and this app is one I always go back to. I’m able to keep track of what I eat and check my calories. It also breaks down the nutrition so I can see how much protein, carbs, etc. that I’ve consumed. This app also allows you to set goals. For example, you’re goal might be to lose .5 pounds each week. The app tells you how many calories and such you should consume to achieve this goal.
- That Poppy– I’ve been really addicted to Poppy lately and I can’t tell if I like it or not. Her music is awesome no doubt, Lowlife is a great song for the summer. Her channel; however, is a bit strange, yet I can’t stop watching?? Her vids are definitely a bit odd and I wish she were to give a meaning for it all, but I’m definitely hooked and can’t stop watching.
- Sarah Baska– I discovered Sarah last summer and I’ve loved her ever since. I’ve been catching up on her videos lately now that classes are done for the summer and I can’t stop watching. She’s absolutely hilarious and her videos never fail to make me laugh.
- DIY Trail Mix– Lately, I’ve been snacking on trail mix that I create myself with whatever I have in the house. I try to keep it as healthy as possible by mixing together some cashews, dried cranberries, dark chocolate, and pretzels. It makes the perfect snack to munch on.
- Bananas and Peanut Butter– Bananas and peanut butter are a perfect combination and a great snack. I love eating this if I want a quick snack before bed or sometimes even for breakfast. I also like making peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch because basically I’m obsessed with this combination. 10/10 would recommend.
Hope you all enjoyed your month of May and found something in this article worth checking out! Everything is linked!