I can’t believe my summer is already half way over. I’m heartbroken that this is my last summer and there isn’t much that has happened so far to make it memorable. I have two months left to make my last summer, the best summer.
Anyways, here are my favorites for the month of June.
- Origins GinZing Eye Cream– This eye cream has really been helping with puffiness underneath of my eyes. Even though the dark circles I was born with seem impossible to rid of, this at least helps for the time being.
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer (Tiki)– I talked about this last month, but I literally use it every single day. I use it as bronzer, as highlighter, as eyeshadow, and as blush. It’s all I wear.
- Dove Beauty Bar– This might sound like such a silly product, but I swear by it for my skin time routine. This bar of soap saved my skin after years of using face washes that were too rough. A simple bar of soap can work wonders for your skin.
- Rings– I have been loving accessorizing with chunky rings. I think they add so much and really even help a simple tee shirt and jeans outfit stand out. I can’t take them off!
- Crystals– I’ve been really into crystals in general, fashion ones and regular ones. I’ve been really getting into meditation and I’ve begun to research the power of crystals. I decided to put crystals under the fashion category because they also really are so beautiful. I’ve been buying beautiful rings and necklaces on Etsy that contain crystals, just like this ring.
- Necklace– Again with the crystals, I love this Lepidolite gem necklace. It’s so simple and so beautiful. Not to mention purple is my all time favorite color. The crescent moon pendant also looks stunning with the gem stone. The only thing I am not a fan of is that mine came with a black chain instead of silver (the black was less money.) I have to get a silver one.
- Wedges– Since I intern and I’m supposed to dress business casual, wedges have been my go to. They’re perfect for summer, easy to walk in, and super cute!
- Skater skirts– Skater skirts are so versatile- I can dress them up and wear them to my internship, or I can wear them casually when I go out with friends. I love wearing skirts in the summer because they’re so cute and girly and I think are overall a staple for summer. The one I am wearing is from Forever 21, but I linked a similar one!
- Elsewhere– This book is such an interesting concept. I have to say, when I first started reading it, it seemed kind of childish, but it really is so unique. The book is about a 15 year old girl who dies in a bicycle accident. The girl is taken to a place called “Elsewhere” in her after life. In Elsewhere, people age backwards until they are 0. Once someone turns 0, he/she is taken back to Earth and rebirthed.
- Orange is the New Black– Of course this is a June favorite. This show is so addicting, it’s unreal. I always forget just how much I love it until a new season comes out. Then I’m immediately hooked. The show is so dark and full of so many surprises, and it always ends on a huge cliff hanger that leaves you wanting more.
- Groovebook– I prefer having physical copies of things rather than storing everything digitally, in fear of everything getting deleted. Grosbeak allows me to print 100 pictures a month straight from my iPhone. The pictures are mailed in a little booklet to my house. Easy and convenient.
- Mango Health– Instead of setting alarms on my phone that always frighten me, Mango Health vibrates whenever it is time to take my medicine. It also lets you keep track of your medications and it lets you check off when you have taken it for the day. It even keeps track of your missed pills.
- Bananas– Last month I wrote about bananas and peanut butter, but now I want to write just about bananas. I love bananas. I eat at least one banana a day. They are honestly just my all time favorite snack.
- Acai bowls– Acai bowls are crazy expensive, so I learned how to make my own. It’s actually very simple. Blend an acai powder with a frozen banana and protein powder in a blend, pour into a bowl, add granola and your favorite fruits, maybe top with some honey or peanut butter- and bam! An acai bowl for a reasonable price.
That’s it for the month of June. I hope you all found something worth trying out in this post, thanks for reading!
May is over and summer has officially begun! I’m excited to discuss my favorites for this month with all of you because I’ve got a lot. Also, I linked all of the products if you are interested in checking any of these out!
- Hawaiian Topic Dark Tanning Oil– okay, I know a lot of people flip when I say I like to use tanning oil, but I think tanning oil is great when used safely. At the start of summer, I love to use a bit of tanning oil on my body and soak in the sun for about an hour or two just to start my summer tan. This tanning oil is great because I darken so fast without burning and get that summer tan in no time without spending an excessive amount of time outside baking my skin. It’s perfect to use at the start of summer.
- Sephora Pearl Face Mask– this face mask is great for brightening the skin. I love using the Sephora face masks in general because they aren’t too expensive and are perfect for a little spa day. They make my skin feel much cleaner and fresh.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve– I talked about this in my last favorites post and I will keep talking about it because it is 100% my holy grail of lip moisturizers. My lips get so dry and I swear this is the only product that helps. Not to mention one little jar lasts a lifetime.
- Mally Face Defender BB Cream Foundation– I’ve been loving this BB cream because it’s so light and perfect for summer. It also is great for my acne prone skin and doesn’t clog my pores. I currently wear the color medium light, but will probably go up a shade as I get tanner.
- Mally Poreless Perfecion Glowing Foundation– I use this product on top of my BB cream and together makes the perfect result. This powder alone is not quite enough coverage for me, but it really ratifies my face without looking cake-y. I find it to be the perfect powder for sealing in my foundation and eliminating an oily T-zone. I wear this in light.
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer (Tiki)– I use this bronzer in the shade Tiki and it works as the perfect highlight for summer. Since it’s actually a bronzer, the shade is perfect to highlight my summer glow. It’s dark to add a bit of color, but is so illuminating that it really brightens my face. It’s also great to use as a bronze eyeshadow. Overall, it’s a very versatile product that can be used on a wide range of complexions.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Palette– This palette has been perfect for adding color to my face. Honestly, I haven’t really used the powder since I’m so obsessed with my one by Mally, but I love the bronzer and the blush. The bronzer is the perfect dark shade to contour and the blush is bright and natural looking and adds the perfect flush of color. The palette is a bit pricey, but worth it.
- Tee Shirts– As boring as this sounds, I’ve been enjoying wearing just plain old oversized tee shirts lately. I really like to be comfortable, especially when it’s so hot and sweaty out. Still, I think big tee shirts are extremely cute paired with some cute sneakers and high waisted shorts. Cute, casual, and comfortable. (BTW I linked a cute one for you to check out!)
- Twist-Front Crop Top– This has been one of my favorite pieces to wear lately because it is such a cute little top, and so versatile! I wear it with jeans and sneakers, or I’ll pair it with some high waisted shorts and sandals. I also love to dress it up a little by pairing it with my corduroy skirt and a denim jacket.
- Bralettes– Bralettes are the best for summer because they aren’t as restricting as a regular bra and go perfect under cutoff tanks and backless tops. I might be biased since I used to work there, but my favorite place to buy bralettes is definitely Aerie.
- Sneakers– I love wearing sneakers when it’s still a bit breezy out. I also find them way more comfortable for walking on the boardwalk than flip flops because there is no toe chafing! I particularly love my Adidas, Converse, and Vans even though they’ve all gotten super run down because I wear them so often!
- Open Cardigans and Tanks– Since it’s still a little chilly some days, I like to wear loose sweaters and cardigans on top of my tank tops. Layering is perfect when the weather is still constantly fluctuating.
- Big Little Lies– I just started watching this show so I’m not very far in, but I’m already hooked. Also, I want to note how awesome this cast is. I definitely recommend.
- 13 Reasons Why– Who isn’t talking about this show?? I wanted to see what all of the hype was about so I decided to check it out. I’m definitely not as obsessed with the show as some people are and I do think the show has its flaws, but it’s still an intriguing show. Plus, Clay Jenson is the cutest creature to ever walk the earth.
- Invisible Monsters– I started reading this before and got sidetracked with school and never was able to finish, so i started again. I was obsessed with this book from the start. Chuck Palahniuk never disappoints.
- Empire of the Sun– I just discussed this band in my last post because I was lucky enough to see them live, but I decided they were worth mentioning again. Swordfish Hotkiss Night is the ultimate jam.
- The Killers– I’m so excited because I get to see one of my favorite bands perform in a few weeks!! I’m so excited that I’ve been nonstop blasting the Killers ever since I bought the tickets (aka like 3 months ago).
- Poshmark– One of my favorite apps, Postmark allows me to sell clothes I no longer wear and buy clothes from others for affordable prices. I use Postmark constantly and find it a great way to earn some extra spending money. Check out my closet!
- Duolingo– I really want to brush up on my Italian and this app lets me practice and overall is really effective. Not to mention, it’s free!
- MyFitnessPal– I’ve been really trying to eat healthier and this app is one I always go back to. I’m able to keep track of what I eat and check my calories. It also breaks down the nutrition so I can see how much protein, carbs, etc. that I’ve consumed. This app also allows you to set goals. For example, you’re goal might be to lose .5 pounds each week. The app tells you how many calories and such you should consume to achieve this goal.
- That Poppy– I’ve been really addicted to Poppy lately and I can’t tell if I like it or not. Her music is awesome no doubt, Lowlife is a great song for the summer. Her channel; however, is a bit strange, yet I can’t stop watching?? Her vids are definitely a bit odd and I wish she were to give a meaning for it all, but I’m definitely hooked and can’t stop watching.
- Sarah Baska– I discovered Sarah last summer and I’ve loved her ever since. I’ve been catching up on her videos lately now that classes are done for the summer and I can’t stop watching. She’s absolutely hilarious and her videos never fail to make me laugh.
- DIY Trail Mix– Lately, I’ve been snacking on trail mix that I create myself with whatever I have in the house. I try to keep it as healthy as possible by mixing together some cashews, dried cranberries, dark chocolate, and pretzels. It makes the perfect snack to munch on.
- Bananas and Peanut Butter– Bananas and peanut butter are a perfect combination and a great snack. I love eating this if I want a quick snack before bed or sometimes even for breakfast. I also like making peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch because basically I’m obsessed with this combination. 10/10 would recommend.
Hope you all enjoyed your month of May and found something in this article worth checking out! Everything is linked!