July is over, I am no longer a teenager, and I have a month left of summer.My favorites haven’t changed that much since June, but here’s a quick update.
- Avon Speed Dry Nail Polish in the shade Just Peachy– This is a very old nail polish I have, but still one of my favorites. The speed dry formula really does dry within minutes, and the color lasts just over a week without chipping. Not to mention this shade is such a pretty orange that is subtle, but perfect for summer. Unfortunately, this nail polish is so old that Avon doesn’t even make it any more. Still, I managed to find some sellers on Ebay is you’re interested in finding a summer nail polish that will dry faster and last longer.
- Conair Infiniti Curling Wand Styler– I have been curling my hair quite a lot this summer because I find it looks best with my new ombre color. Also, I love to curl my hair on days I don’t wash because it makes my hair look a little more put together and the curls last even longer. Conner makes excellent curling wands for good prices if you are looking to buy one!
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in the shade Tiki– I’ve been writing about this product all summer, but I really have been using it daily. I use it as everything which makes my makeup routine way quicker and so simple. I can have my makeup done in 10 minutes or less. I apply my regular foundation and concealer, and use Tiki as my eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, and highlight. Then I just throw on a little bit of mascara, and my summer look is complete!
- Aerie bikinis- Aerie is one of my all time favorite places to buy bikinis. I find they have the biggest selection that caters to all different body types.
- Pretty sandals– Sandals are a summer staple. I love to wear sandals with pretty detailing that makes my outfit pop just a little bit more.
- Stacks of bracelets– Lately I’ve been really into wearing all of my stacks of bracelets. Some of my favorite places to buy these trendy bracelets are Alex and Ani, Helberg Diamonds, and Kohls!
- Layered necklaces– This has been a huge trend for the summer and I’m lovin’ it. I used to love chokers in the fall, but I feel this trend is much girlier and cute for summer.
- Cross body bags- I always carry a cross body bag with me because it is by far the most convenient. They are the perfect size, stylish, and won’t kill your shoulders.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Zen Buddhism by Jean Smith– This book is great if you have any sort of interested in living a zen lifestyle. You’ll learn how to properly meditate and receive many different tips and tricks to find comfort in stillness. You’ll also learn about the Four Noble Truths, and much more that can get you started on your journey with spirituality.
- Jenna Marbles– In the summer, I’m always spending my free time watching random YouTube videos. Jenna Marbles is definitely my favorite YouTuber because her content is so original and hilarious, and seems to only get better. I can spend hours watching her videos.
- Safiya Nygaard- I’ve recently discovered Safiya and I find her videos not only entertaining, but also informative. She posts many videos trying out different products that I have found myself interested in buying. She’ll confirm whether the product is worth the price and the hype, or not.
- Dark chocolate– I have such a sweet tooth and am always looking to indulge in some chocolate. I am a strong believer that chocolate can be healthy as long as it is eaten in moderation. Chocolate has endorphins that can bring happiness, and dark chocolate can even be good for the heart. Just make sure the brands you are eating are high in Cacao and not processed with alkali.
- Bobs Red Mill Whole Grain Granola, Apple Cinnamon– I’ve never really loved granola that much, but this is by far the best I’ve had. It is perfect to add to a fruit and yogurt parfait, or to add a little something to an acai bowl. I highly recommend this brand and this flavor.
I can’t believe my summer is already half way over. I’m heartbroken that this is my last summer and there isn’t much that has happened so far to make it memorable. I have two months left to make my last summer, the best summer.
Anyways, here are my favorites for the month of June.
- Origins GinZing Eye Cream– This eye cream has really been helping with puffiness underneath of my eyes. Even though the dark circles I was born with seem impossible to rid of, this at least helps for the time being.
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer (Tiki)– I talked about this last month, but I literally use it every single day. I use it as bronzer, as highlighter, as eyeshadow, and as blush. It’s all I wear.
- Dove Beauty Bar– This might sound like such a silly product, but I swear by it for my skin time routine. This bar of soap saved my skin after years of using face washes that were too rough. A simple bar of soap can work wonders for your skin.
- Rings– I have been loving accessorizing with chunky rings. I think they add so much and really even help a simple tee shirt and jeans outfit stand out. I can’t take them off!
- Crystals– I’ve been really into crystals in general, fashion ones and regular ones. I’ve been really getting into meditation and I’ve begun to research the power of crystals. I decided to put crystals under the fashion category because they also really are so beautiful. I’ve been buying beautiful rings and necklaces on Etsy that contain crystals, just like this ring.
- Necklace– Again with the crystals, I love this Lepidolite gem necklace. It’s so simple and so beautiful. Not to mention purple is my all time favorite color. The crescent moon pendant also looks stunning with the gem stone. The only thing I am not a fan of is that mine came with a black chain instead of silver (the black was less money.) I have to get a silver one.
- Wedges– Since I intern and I’m supposed to dress business casual, wedges have been my go to. They’re perfect for summer, easy to walk in, and super cute!
- Skater skirts– Skater skirts are so versatile- I can dress them up and wear them to my internship, or I can wear them casually when I go out with friends. I love wearing skirts in the summer because they’re so cute and girly and I think are overall a staple for summer. The one I am wearing is from Forever 21, but I linked a similar one!
- Elsewhere– This book is such an interesting concept. I have to say, when I first started reading it, it seemed kind of childish, but it really is so unique. The book is about a 15 year old girl who dies in a bicycle accident. The girl is taken to a place called “Elsewhere” in her after life. In Elsewhere, people age backwards until they are 0. Once someone turns 0, he/she is taken back to Earth and rebirthed.
- Orange is the New Black– Of course this is a June favorite. This show is so addicting, it’s unreal. I always forget just how much I love it until a new season comes out. Then I’m immediately hooked. The show is so dark and full of so many surprises, and it always ends on a huge cliff hanger that leaves you wanting more.
- Groovebook– I prefer having physical copies of things rather than storing everything digitally, in fear of everything getting deleted. Grosbeak allows me to print 100 pictures a month straight from my iPhone. The pictures are mailed in a little booklet to my house. Easy and convenient.
- Mango Health– Instead of setting alarms on my phone that always frighten me, Mango Health vibrates whenever it is time to take my medicine. It also lets you keep track of your medications and it lets you check off when you have taken it for the day. It even keeps track of your missed pills.
- Bananas– Last month I wrote about bananas and peanut butter, but now I want to write just about bananas. I love bananas. I eat at least one banana a day. They are honestly just my all time favorite snack.
- Acai bowls– Acai bowls are crazy expensive, so I learned how to make my own. It’s actually very simple. Blend an acai powder with a frozen banana and protein powder in a blend, pour into a bowl, add granola and your favorite fruits, maybe top with some honey or peanut butter- and bam! An acai bowl for a reasonable price.
That’s it for the month of June. I hope you all found something worth trying out in this post, thanks for reading!