I can’t believe my summer is already half way over. I’m heartbroken that this is my last summer and there isn’t much that has happened so far to make it memorable. I have two months left to make my last summer, the best summer.
Anyways, here are my favorites for the month of June.
- Origins GinZing Eye Cream– This eye cream has really been helping with puffiness underneath of my eyes. Even though the dark circles I was born with seem impossible to rid of, this at least helps for the time being.
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer (Tiki)– I talked about this last month, but I literally use it every single day. I use it as bronzer, as highlighter, as eyeshadow, and as blush. It’s all I wear.
- Dove Beauty Bar– This might sound like such a silly product, but I swear by it for my skin time routine. This bar of soap saved my skin after years of using face washes that were too rough. A simple bar of soap can work wonders for your skin.
- Rings– I have been loving accessorizing with chunky rings. I think they add so much and really even help a simple tee shirt and jeans outfit stand out. I can’t take them off!
- Crystals– I’ve been really into crystals in general, fashion ones and regular ones. I’ve been really getting into meditation and I’ve begun to research the power of crystals. I decided to put crystals under the fashion category because they also really are so beautiful. I’ve been buying beautiful rings and necklaces on Etsy that contain crystals, just like this ring.
- Necklace– Again with the crystals, I love this Lepidolite gem necklace. It’s so simple and so beautiful. Not to mention purple is my all time favorite color. The crescent moon pendant also looks stunning with the gem stone. The only thing I am not a fan of is that mine came with a black chain instead of silver (the black was less money.) I have to get a silver one.
- Wedges– Since I intern and I’m supposed to dress business casual, wedges have been my go to. They’re perfect for summer, easy to walk in, and super cute!
- Skater skirts– Skater skirts are so versatile- I can dress them up and wear them to my internship, or I can wear them casually when I go out with friends. I love wearing skirts in the summer because they’re so cute and girly and I think are overall a staple for summer. The one I am wearing is from Forever 21, but I linked a similar one!
- Elsewhere– This book is such an interesting concept. I have to say, when I first started reading it, it seemed kind of childish, but it really is so unique. The book is about a 15 year old girl who dies in a bicycle accident. The girl is taken to a place called “Elsewhere” in her after life. In Elsewhere, people age backwards until they are 0. Once someone turns 0, he/she is taken back to Earth and rebirthed.
- Orange is the New Black– Of course this is a June favorite. This show is so addicting, it’s unreal. I always forget just how much I love it until a new season comes out. Then I’m immediately hooked. The show is so dark and full of so many surprises, and it always ends on a huge cliff hanger that leaves you wanting more.
- Groovebook– I prefer having physical copies of things rather than storing everything digitally, in fear of everything getting deleted. Grosbeak allows me to print 100 pictures a month straight from my iPhone. The pictures are mailed in a little booklet to my house. Easy and convenient.
- Mango Health– Instead of setting alarms on my phone that always frighten me, Mango Health vibrates whenever it is time to take my medicine. It also lets you keep track of your medications and it lets you check off when you have taken it for the day. It even keeps track of your missed pills.
- Bananas– Last month I wrote about bananas and peanut butter, but now I want to write just about bananas. I love bananas. I eat at least one banana a day. They are honestly just my all time favorite snack.
- Acai bowls– Acai bowls are crazy expensive, so I learned how to make my own. It’s actually very simple. Blend an acai powder with a frozen banana and protein powder in a blend, pour into a bowl, add granola and your favorite fruits, maybe top with some honey or peanut butter- and bam! An acai bowl for a reasonable price.
That’s it for the month of June. I hope you all found something worth trying out in this post, thanks for reading!
May is over and summer has officially begun! I’m excited to discuss my favorites for this month with all of you because I’ve got a lot. Also, I linked all of the products if you are interested in checking any of these out!
- Hawaiian Topic Dark Tanning Oil– okay, I know a lot of people flip when I say I like to use tanning oil, but I think tanning oil is great when used safely. At the start of summer, I love to use a bit of tanning oil on my body and soak in the sun for about an hour or two just to start my summer tan. This tanning oil is great because I darken so fast without burning and get that summer tan in no time without spending an excessive amount of time outside baking my skin. It’s perfect to use at the start of summer.
- Sephora Pearl Face Mask– this face mask is great for brightening the skin. I love using the Sephora face masks in general because they aren’t too expensive and are perfect for a little spa day. They make my skin feel much cleaner and fresh.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve– I talked about this in my last favorites post and I will keep talking about it because it is 100% my holy grail of lip moisturizers. My lips get so dry and I swear this is the only product that helps. Not to mention one little jar lasts a lifetime.
- Mally Face Defender BB Cream Foundation– I’ve been loving this BB cream because it’s so light and perfect for summer. It also is great for my acne prone skin and doesn’t clog my pores. I currently wear the color medium light, but will probably go up a shade as I get tanner.
- Mally Poreless Perfecion Glowing Foundation– I use this product on top of my BB cream and together makes the perfect result. This powder alone is not quite enough coverage for me, but it really ratifies my face without looking cake-y. I find it to be the perfect powder for sealing in my foundation and eliminating an oily T-zone. I wear this in light.
- Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer (Tiki)– I use this bronzer in the shade Tiki and it works as the perfect highlight for summer. Since it’s actually a bronzer, the shade is perfect to highlight my summer glow. It’s dark to add a bit of color, but is so illuminating that it really brightens my face. It’s also great to use as a bronze eyeshadow. Overall, it’s a very versatile product that can be used on a wide range of complexions.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Palette– This palette has been perfect for adding color to my face. Honestly, I haven’t really used the powder since I’m so obsessed with my one by Mally, but I love the bronzer and the blush. The bronzer is the perfect dark shade to contour and the blush is bright and natural looking and adds the perfect flush of color. The palette is a bit pricey, but worth it.
- Tee Shirts– As boring as this sounds, I’ve been enjoying wearing just plain old oversized tee shirts lately. I really like to be comfortable, especially when it’s so hot and sweaty out. Still, I think big tee shirts are extremely cute paired with some cute sneakers and high waisted shorts. Cute, casual, and comfortable. (BTW I linked a cute one for you to check out!)
- Twist-Front Crop Top– This has been one of my favorite pieces to wear lately because it is such a cute little top, and so versatile! I wear it with jeans and sneakers, or I’ll pair it with some high waisted shorts and sandals. I also love to dress it up a little by pairing it with my corduroy skirt and a denim jacket.
- Bralettes– Bralettes are the best for summer because they aren’t as restricting as a regular bra and go perfect under cutoff tanks and backless tops. I might be biased since I used to work there, but my favorite place to buy bralettes is definitely Aerie.
- Sneakers– I love wearing sneakers when it’s still a bit breezy out. I also find them way more comfortable for walking on the boardwalk than flip flops because there is no toe chafing! I particularly love my Adidas, Converse, and Vans even though they’ve all gotten super run down because I wear them so often!
- Open Cardigans and Tanks– Since it’s still a little chilly some days, I like to wear loose sweaters and cardigans on top of my tank tops. Layering is perfect when the weather is still constantly fluctuating.
- Big Little Lies– I just started watching this show so I’m not very far in, but I’m already hooked. Also, I want to note how awesome this cast is. I definitely recommend.
- 13 Reasons Why– Who isn’t talking about this show?? I wanted to see what all of the hype was about so I decided to check it out. I’m definitely not as obsessed with the show as some people are and I do think the show has its flaws, but it’s still an intriguing show. Plus, Clay Jenson is the cutest creature to ever walk the earth.
- Invisible Monsters– I started reading this before and got sidetracked with school and never was able to finish, so i started again. I was obsessed with this book from the start. Chuck Palahniuk never disappoints.
- Empire of the Sun– I just discussed this band in my last post because I was lucky enough to see them live, but I decided they were worth mentioning again. Swordfish Hotkiss Night is the ultimate jam.
- The Killers– I’m so excited because I get to see one of my favorite bands perform in a few weeks!! I’m so excited that I’ve been nonstop blasting the Killers ever since I bought the tickets (aka like 3 months ago).
- Poshmark– One of my favorite apps, Postmark allows me to sell clothes I no longer wear and buy clothes from others for affordable prices. I use Postmark constantly and find it a great way to earn some extra spending money. Check out my closet!
- Duolingo– I really want to brush up on my Italian and this app lets me practice and overall is really effective. Not to mention, it’s free!
- MyFitnessPal– I’ve been really trying to eat healthier and this app is one I always go back to. I’m able to keep track of what I eat and check my calories. It also breaks down the nutrition so I can see how much protein, carbs, etc. that I’ve consumed. This app also allows you to set goals. For example, you’re goal might be to lose .5 pounds each week. The app tells you how many calories and such you should consume to achieve this goal.
- That Poppy– I’ve been really addicted to Poppy lately and I can’t tell if I like it or not. Her music is awesome no doubt, Lowlife is a great song for the summer. Her channel; however, is a bit strange, yet I can’t stop watching?? Her vids are definitely a bit odd and I wish she were to give a meaning for it all, but I’m definitely hooked and can’t stop watching.
- Sarah Baska– I discovered Sarah last summer and I’ve loved her ever since. I’ve been catching up on her videos lately now that classes are done for the summer and I can’t stop watching. She’s absolutely hilarious and her videos never fail to make me laugh.
- DIY Trail Mix– Lately, I’ve been snacking on trail mix that I create myself with whatever I have in the house. I try to keep it as healthy as possible by mixing together some cashews, dried cranberries, dark chocolate, and pretzels. It makes the perfect snack to munch on.
- Bananas and Peanut Butter– Bananas and peanut butter are a perfect combination and a great snack. I love eating this if I want a quick snack before bed or sometimes even for breakfast. I also like making peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch because basically I’m obsessed with this combination. 10/10 would recommend.
Hope you all enjoyed your month of May and found something in this article worth checking out! Everything is linked!
April is coming to an end.. so you know what that means!
Haha sorry! Couldn’t miss out on my one chance a year to use that meme! Anyways, I’ve never done a monthly favorites blog post before, so I figured today would be a good day to do my first! Here are my favorites for April.
- This month I have really been obsessed with winged eyeliner. I know that this trend isn’t anything new, but for me it kind of is. I never was really into it, but I bought NYX’s Super Skinny Marker which makes it much easier to create a perfect wing. I’ve already gone through two of these markers! If you’re interested in purchasing any of the products mentioned, I will link them all below.
- BB Cream is something else I’ve been obsessed with.. actually for quite awhile now. I don’t like wearing foundation because I find it to be too heavy and personally, I don’t think I need that much coverage. I used to use Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer, but decided to look for a cheaper alternative. Maybelline’s BB Cream is absolutely great! I buy the one with the blue cap because it has salicylic acid in it to help fight against pimples. I know a lot of people prefer wearing lighter foundations in the spring/summer, and this is one I’d definitely recommend.
- One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to tan! I love lying out in my backyard and soaking up the sun. I use Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil. I don’t recommend this for people who burn easier. Remember to be safe and use this sparingly!
- My breakouts lately have been unreal. Every night I use Clearasil Daily Clear Hydra-Blast pads. I use one pad and run it over my breakouts and it’s actually fairly effective. Now it doesn’t work overnight, you definitely have to keep up with it. But it does help to dry out pimples.
- Organix has become my new favorite shampoo/conditioner. There are many different types to suit all different hair textures. Currently, I’m using.the Weightless Hydration Coconut Water and not only does it really work to add moisture to my hair after being in the sun all day, but it smells amazing!
- Okay, so the other day I got home from school and went up to my bedroom to see these adorable Dogue socks lying on my bed. I asked my mom why she gave them to me and she replied “you mean they aren’t yours?” I was disappointed. I was hoping she had bought them for me or something because she had secretly known my love for Dogue. It turns out, the socks belong to my brother. But he ended up not wanting them anymore and said I could have them! Aren’t they adorable?!
- It’s spring time which means it’s time to break out the floral dresses! Here is one of my favorites that I bought from Plato’s Closet, but you can find dresses like this almost anywhere!
- Life update: I have recently committed to Rutgers University!!!! I went recently to an admitted students day event and bought a ton of Rutgers apparel! Here is a super cute sweatshirt I’ve been wearing all the time!
- Oxfords have got to be my favorite type of shoe. I love the vintage-y vibe they give off. I own three pairs- one black, one tan, and one black with cats on them. I’ve been wearing my black ones the most lately because they seem to match the best with my outfits. I love pairing them with circle skirts, pencil skirts, and jeans! They add a nice, polished vibe to a casual outfit. A great place to purchase oxfords would be Urban Outfitters.
- I definitely use Netflix to my advantage and have been watching some of my favorite sitcoms such as The Office and Friends. These are both shows I’ve seen before, but now I’m able to maximize my obsession and watch every episode ever– about eight times.
- Game of Thrones– I’m definitely late on this boat and I’m still on season one, but I’ve been really into it. It’s a bit more graphic than any other shows I watch, but it’s just so crazy that I can’t stop watching!
- I used to be really obsessed with a Canadian show called Degrassi. If you’re a teenager reading this, I’m sure you’ve heard of it before. It’s a fairly popular show. Now I think we can all agree it’s not nearly as good as it used to be. It’s kind of all over the place, all the characters have dated each other, and every possible story line has already been done. So, I stopped watching. Recently a new Canadian show. Open Heart, was created with some people who are/have been on Degrassi and includes the same writers so I decided to give it a try since Degrassi used to be good and I have to say, I’m quite impressed! It’s a lot different from Degrassi since it’s got a solid story line that will have a start and finish. It’s about a girl trying to find her missing father. I’m completely hooked!
- Spoiled is a cute story written by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan. It’s about a girl named Molly who’s mother dies and she is forced to move to Hollywood to live with her movie star father and evil half sister, Brooke Berlin. It’s a cute book that’s a short, easy read. It’s followed by another book called Messy which is in the point-of-view of Molly’s best friend, Max, whom is trying to save up enough money for a summer writing class at NYU and takes a job from Brooke requiring her to pretend to be her and create blog posts that make her seem witty and intellectual- that will hopefully get her to follow in her father’s footsteps and become a successful actress. Okay, so I did a bad job describing the plot of these stories, but basically if your looking for an easy read, these books are it.
- QUAD is an app that allows you to join group chats with random people based on specific interests. I downloaded it to try and meet people from Rutgers that I will be going to school with next year, but you can also join chats that have themes like The Office or ones as random as Smoothie Recipes. It’s a great way to meet people and to discuss things you take an interest in! The chats hold up to 500 people and you can mute them if they’re becoming too rowdy.
- Timehop is another thing I’m late on. I was never able to use it because I’ve had my Facebook deactivated for so long, but I recently reactivated and created a Timehop. It’s pretty funny to see things I posted five years ago.. but it’s also extremely cringeworthy.
- I LOVE yoga and I especially love being able to do it in the comfort of my own home. Bad Yogi is something I discovered a little while ago and I love it. It’s a website and a YouTube channel run by Erin Motz who has got to be the best online yoga instructor ever. Here’s a link to the website! I highly recommend checking it out.
- NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker
- Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream
- Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
– Clearasil Daily Clear Hydra-Blast pads
- Organix Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo
– Organix Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Conditioner
– Spoiled- Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan
– Messy- Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan
Hello! I recently discovered WordPress simply by searching for the best blogging websites and on almost every website— scratch that– every website, WordPress was mentioned. I enjoy writing, whether it be something like this or writing a story. One day I hope to write for a magazine, preferably a fashion magazine or entertainment magazine. But any type will do I suppose. However to make it that far, it would probably be best for me to start writing as much as possible, therefore I am starting with this blog! I’ve blogged before, if Tumblr counts, but to me a blog is mostly writing your own thoughts rather then reblogging pictures and such, so I am anxious to begin this blog.
Mostly my posts will be about fashion or television and movies. Maybe even about my own personal life on some days. I know a blog should have a specific theme, but to be quite honest I couldn’t decide on what, and I don’t want to create another blog because I want to be fully dedicated to this one. Maybe after some time, I will create a theme for this blog. For now though, be prepared for anything and everything.
Basically, I’m not the brightest crayon in the box. It’s going to take me some time to figure out exactly how this site works. I’m still working out the bugs and right now my blog probably seems terrible. Hopefully once I figure things out, it’ll look better. While I’m still working through all these technical issues, I hope you’ll at least enjoy what I write, because isn’t that supposed to be what’s most important?
My goal for this blog is to of course gain many followers. I will do my best to post daily, but of course between school and having a social life, it will be challenging. I want my posts to be the best they can possibly be, so if I skip a day, I apologize. I will try to post as often as possible!
As of right now, I have no followers so I doubt anyone is reading this. Oh well!